TOPIC: AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 10 Apr 2018 06:00 #871

• one tenor
  • More Details
    • johnpcalex@gmail.com
    • Thank you received:1038
one tenor wrote:
Check all studs for tightness as I have know come studs that enter water jackets to corrode the threads out. The cure is a Helicoil or equivalent. On the other hand it could just be loose as Klippy said and needs no more than sealing and tightening Re the gasket copper side down is normal but the fibre ones are best soaked in water first to allow them to take up any irregularities. Payen are a good make as are the MLS (Multi Layer Steel) ones.But have the head and block been skimmed or at least checked for truth. All the gaskets in the world won't last 5 mins if the.y are not true
This might help
www.google.co.uk/search?q=Cylinder+block...ceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
and this--- www.google.co.uk/search?q=engine+block+s...ceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Anything will fly give n enough power
Last Edit: 10 Apr 2018 06:02 by one tenor. Reason: additional script
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boz

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 15 Apr 2018 15:05 #872

• boz
  • More Details
    • Thank you received:1415
Good afternoon boys and girls, well head off again, klippy you are right again, I had only put the head studs in finger tight.obviously they weren't tight enough to stop water coming up the bolts.

So took them all out and thread locked them in , using the double nut method.

Got them nice and tight.
So now gOT the head back on,.
Also fitted the su carb, still plenty to do, but not just now.
Thanks for all the advice and help.
Thanks for looking, boz. Comments please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: THE BLACKBIRD, blue123, Andy Sephton, Squirrelnet

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 30 Apr 2018 13:55 #873

• boz
  • More Details
Good afternoon boys and girls, well as I said a while ago I was going to swap the carb for an SU, after buying one and swapping it over with the manifold, I had to do too many alterations, vacuum on dizzy, throttle linkage, choke etc, it just did not look right.
So I took it all off again, stripped the zenith down again, found out the problem of it not running correctly, ordered a new set of gaskets for it, and am going to fit it back on, hopefully tomorrow.
I will put the SU back on ebay.
My car was fitted with the zenith up to 1959 I belive and think it will be better if I keep it that way.
Hopfully pictures to follow with it running better than before, and no probs with the head studs.
Thanks for looking, boz. Comments please
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Beard, Tony B, Quorneng, Andy Sephton, Squirrelnet

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 31 May 2018 15:47 #874

• boz
  • More Details
Good afternoon boys and girls, well as some of you know I recently purchased a motorhome, this has opened up a big lifestyle change.
Unfortunately somthing has to give and it's the A35, as we will be spending alot of time travelling etc on weekends it leaves no time to devote to the little car.
I have sold it as an unfinished project to a very enthusiastic gentleman who used to own one many years ago.
I was very sorry to see it go, but after careful consideration I think it was the best thing to do.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone of you who have been following the thread, and particularly everyone who has contributed.
This will be my last post on this thread, thanks all. Boz. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric, Tony B, jeffwill6, blue123, Squirrelnet

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 31 May 2018 18:32 #875

• Squirrelnet
  • More Details
    • Thank you received:2030
Following the thread has been very enjoyable, watching its progress as it grew back into a car - thanks for posting Boz.

As you say life moves on and I hope the little A35 will hit the road with it's new owner.

I hope this doesn't mean this is you last post here ? maybe you could start a 'Travels with Boz' thread ...or even take up flying model aeroplanes ?? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric, boz

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 31 May 2018 19:51 #876

• Eric
  • More Details
    • Thank you received:6036
Seconded! [badass]
if you are calm and collected when all about you are going berserk - you've missed something important!

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 02 Jun 2018 23:02 #877

• one tenor
  • More Details
    • johnpcalex@gmail.com
    • Thank you received:1038
I too have had to let my car project go as the ambos that have to carry me in and out insisted on taking me out of the front .?This meant they had a struggle getting past the car. As a result they said they would refuse to pick me up if it was still in the way so I had to let it go. Despite the work done on it only got scrap value as didn't have time to find a buyer. Then to add insult to injury the last lot took me in and out the back way which meant that they could have got past the car no probs. The trouble is each lot has their own ideas and " Know best " and you get no say in the matter. You get the ultimatum of "Do you want us to take you or not"? It was a shame as I 'd spent a lot of time and cash on it. There was no rust except for a small patch on the O/Side front door.So frustrating so I know how you feel. I won't find another that good at that price. BOOHOO. :sick: :evil: :angry:
Anything will fly give n enough power

AUSTIN A35 1957 MODEL 11 Jun 2018 14:49 #878

• The Beard
  • More Details
    • Thank you received:2108
on Sunday I came upon an A30 in front of me with a rear mounted spare wheel it looked so small now that was on the way to work on the way home an A40 went past in the opposite direction
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Sephton, boz
Time to create page: 3.657 seconds

Your donations are completely optional but very much appreciated

Amount:
 GBP

loadingPROCESSING. PLEASE WAIT...
If you are uploading images, this may take a while.

Please do not refresh the page