- Posts: 6809
- Thank you received: 10791
Electrickery
- THE BLACKBIRD
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Forum Master
-
Less
More
Today 13:45 - Today 14:26 #16
by THE BLACKBIRD
Replied by THE BLACKBIRD on topic Electrickery
on all three of my 4s lipos it comes up connection break
The 3s it charged to storage level on the battery checker it reads 14%
The 3s it charged to storage level on the battery checker it reads 14%
Last edit: Today 14:26 by THE BLACKBIRD.
Thanks: Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SimonC
- Online
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 218
Today 17:28 #17
by SimonC
Replied by SimonC on topic Electrickery
I would expect that charger to take the cells to 3.85V for a storage charge.
You can alter the charge rate. Once the type of charge is selected by pressing the start button once the charge rate flashes. The middle buttons (+ -) raise or lower the charge from 0.1A to 6A (the limit of the charger). Once set to the required level press and hold down the Start button until it "warbles" and starts.
Note on a storage charge it automatically decides if the cells need charging or discharging to reach storage level. The maximum discharge rate is limited by the heat dissipation capacity of the charger. Too high a discharge rate and the thermal cut may operate. If it does it is pot luck whether it resets itself!
To avoid this issue I have set both the Discharge and Storage options to 0.5A.
ps
I wouldn't worry too much about "clone" chargers. I am sure both mine are yet they work perfectly. However I don't have any 6s or big capacity LiPo. The highest charge amps I use 3.5A and that is on a 2s.
My chargers thus don't have to work too hard.
You can alter the charge rate. Once the type of charge is selected by pressing the start button once the charge rate flashes. The middle buttons (+ -) raise or lower the charge from 0.1A to 6A (the limit of the charger). Once set to the required level press and hold down the Start button until it "warbles" and starts.
Note on a storage charge it automatically decides if the cells need charging or discharging to reach storage level. The maximum discharge rate is limited by the heat dissipation capacity of the charger. Too high a discharge rate and the thermal cut may operate. If it does it is pot luck whether it resets itself!
To avoid this issue I have set both the Discharge and Storage options to 0.5A.
ps
I wouldn't worry too much about "clone" chargers. I am sure both mine are yet they work perfectly. However I don't have any 6s or big capacity LiPo. The highest charge amps I use 3.5A and that is on a 2s.
My chargers thus don't have to work too hard.
Thanks: Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Eric
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15455
- Thank you received: 14412
Today 17:49 #18
by Eric
if you are calm and collected when all about you are going berserk - you've missed something important!
Replied by Eric on topic Electrickery
My charger is different, it's a Thunder T6 multi, which can separately charge four different lipo's at the same time.
The operation is pretty much the same, though. It has built-in fan, as does the mains power unit, and I run it at 1C to charge.
The usual battery I'm charging is a 3S 1800, but my biggest are 4S 5000's, which is more than the charger can deliver, so although I set it to 5, I usually get 4 for a bit longer.
A used battery takes about 30 to 45 minutes at 1C to fully charge.
For discharging, I run the battery through my Wattmeter, then a series-chain of three car headlamp bulbs, with the battery checker plugged in to the balance lead, and keep an eye on it, so when the cells get down to about 3.6, (and the bulbs get pretty hot!) I stop the discharge.
The operation is pretty much the same, though. It has built-in fan, as does the mains power unit, and I run it at 1C to charge.
The usual battery I'm charging is a 3S 1800, but my biggest are 4S 5000's, which is more than the charger can deliver, so although I set it to 5, I usually get 4 for a bit longer.
A used battery takes about 30 to 45 minutes at 1C to fully charge.
For discharging, I run the battery through my Wattmeter, then a series-chain of three car headlamp bulbs, with the battery checker plugged in to the balance lead, and keep an eye on it, so when the cells get down to about 3.6, (and the bulbs get pretty hot!) I stop the discharge.
if you are calm and collected when all about you are going berserk - you've missed something important!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.617 seconds