- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 200
Fokker V25
- SimonC
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
27 Sep 2026 16:32 #61
by SimonC
Replied by SimonC on topic Fokker V25
Rather slow progress on the Fokker V25 rebuild.
The reduction in weight of the LW-PLA rotary has meant some rearranging the electrics and shortened wires to get anywhere near the right CG.
As a result I have had to solder or re-solder no less than 18 joints!
As it only draws 8A I had intended to use JST battery connections as I use in all my lightweight planes but when compared to them the V25 is turning a huge prop so I have set it up with XT30 battery connectors to be safe
A short video of the first test of the complete system to make sure everything works and in the correct sense.
www.youtube.com/shorts/oa8V83gZC-s
The reduction in weight of the LW-PLA rotary has meant some rearranging the electrics and shortened wires to get anywhere near the right CG.
As a result I have had to solder or re-solder no less than 18 joints!
As it only draws 8A I had intended to use JST battery connections as I use in all my lightweight planes but when compared to them the V25 is turning a huge prop so I have set it up with XT30 battery connectors to be safe
A short video of the first test of the complete system to make sure everything works and in the correct sense.
www.youtube.com/shorts/oa8V83gZC-s
Thanks: Eric, Klipkopwildlife, Flytilbroke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SimonC
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 200
29 Sep 2026 19:35 #62
by SimonC
Replied by SimonC on topic Fokker V25
A bit more progress. Now reassembled with a new LW-PLA battery just behind the cowling. Note the original weight marked on the wing 444g.
A new undercarriage "wing" printed in LW-PLA.
The 100mAh 2s mounted flush right up against the firewall.
Adding the weight of all the bit s including the battery it looks like it will weigh 360g.
A 19% saving mostly from the LW-PLA rotary and a smaller battery.
A new undercarriage "wing" printed in LW-PLA.
The 100mAh 2s mounted flush right up against the firewall.
Adding the weight of all the bit s including the battery it looks like it will weigh 360g.
A 19% saving mostly from the LW-PLA rotary and a smaller battery.
Attachments:
Thanks: Eric, Klipkopwildlife, THE BLACKBIRD
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SimonC
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 200
Yesterday 22:05 #63
by SimonC
Replied by SimonC on topic Fokker V25
Attachments:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds